Wednesday, May 17, 2006

48 Memories

Sweet memories nourish my life. A smell or a song can take me back to another time and place. I took my kids on a cross country trip that became a special memory for all five of us. We went to meaningful places and visited family and friends, but the best part of it all was the closeness we felt with each other. We spent so much time in the car, it was home. I have joyful memories of penny surfing in Northern Missouri, sailing over hill and dale with fireflies in the roadside grasses. In Illinois, we dodged a tornado. There are icky memories of a fleabag motel in Indiana, and a sleepless night fighting off mosquitoes at a campground in Virginia. Each is a precious memory because it was shared with people who matter in my life. Although memories are really a thing of the past, the memory book is not finished and I look forward to making more with the people who matter most.

No comments: