Friday, June 04, 2010

The Composer

One night, I awoke from a dream where I could hear, in some distant room, the most beautiful music I had ever heard. It was composed with violins in harmony, piano and other complimentary sounds that enrapt me in the dream and even after I woke. I laid there trying to remember it, wishing I could still hear it, and that I could somehow be able to compose something so beautiful.

As I thought about it, I realized that I WAS the composer--it was in MY dream. This is a very dear experience to me: to think that I have the capacity to do such a thing and that somewhere in my mind is something so beautiful. Man is so much more than skin and bone.

There is a piece I have since heard that reminds me of the music in that dream. It is called "Live to Love" by Paul Cardall.

No comments: